Indian Chicken Korma Recipe
Indian Chicken Korma is rich, mild, aromatic and utterly delicious recipe ! Made creamy with coconut milk and Cashewnuts which is a true authentic Indian dish.
- 750 gm Boneless Chicken
- 2 no Bay Leaves
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 4 tbsp Fennel Powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 no Potato(Cut into big pieces)
- 3 no Onion(Diced)
- 2 no Tomato
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Cashew Paste
- ½ Cup Curd
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to Taste
Marinate the Chicken with Yoghurt ,Salt and 1tbsp ginger garlic paste for 20 mins.
Add Coriander powder, Fennel Powder, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Pepper and Turmeric into a mixer Grinder and grind it to make a thick paste.
Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee. Add the bay leaves and Onions and saute till onions turn golden brown.To this add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and cook until it becomes soft.
Next add the masala paste and little bit of water and cook for 5 mins. To this add the chicken, curry leaves and potato and cover the pan and cook for another 10 mins.
Next add Coconut milk and cashew paste and let it boil for another 10 mins. You can add pepper powder if you want more spice.
Garnish with coriander and curry leaves .Your Indian Chicken Korma Recipe is ready. Serve it hot with Ghee rice or Chapatis.
- Boneless Chicken can be substituted with bone-in chicken thighs.
- You can use crushed peppercorns instead of pepper powder.This adds more taste
- You can go ahead and adjust the spices to suit your taste and preference.
- You can use heavy cream instead of coconut milk.