Easy Paneer Curry Recipe is a simple north Indian delicacy where fresh and soft paneer cubes are cooked in creamy, rich, and silky smooth tomato onion gravy. The perfect combination of creaminess and spiciness of its gravy makes its simply irresistible and delicious. It can be best served with naan ,tandoori roti or jeera rice.
If you want to try a north Indian vegetarian dish then paneer will be your first choice. This is a good substitute for non-vegetarian dishes. You must have tried different paneer dishes like paneer butter masala ,paneer makhani, chilli paneer and kadai paneer but this Easy Paneer Curry Recipe can be made by simple ingredients which is available at your home and it will taste as good as the restaurant paneer dishes.
Paneer is an excellent source of protein especially for vegetarians who do not get their intake from meat products. It is also super rich in calcium which helps in building stronger teeth’s and bones.
Along with paneer, you can also add some steamed green peas and potatoes in the recipe. Usually in paneer recipes everybody uses cream but in this recipe I use thick milk beaten in mixer grinder. This gives very thick consistency to the gravy. Easy paneer curry recipe can be made by just few ingredients which are available at your home such as onion, tomato, tomato ketchup, cashewnuts and the main ingredient kasuri methi. This gives a restaurant style flavour to the curry.
One thing great about this recipe is that it is naturally Gluten-free. You can make it Vegan by substituting paneer by Tofu and milk by coconut milk. So lets see how to make Easy paneer curry recipe.
How to make Homemade Paneer?
Paneer is easily available at the market but I prefer homemade paneer because its soft as compared with the one bought from the market. It is made by curdling hot fat milk with an acidic ingredient like lemon juice or vinegar. Later the curdled milk are drained to a muslin cloth or strainer and pressed with an heavy object to form heavy blocks of paneer. This is then cut into cubes and used in the recipe.
Easy Paneer Curry Ingredients
- Paneer: As said above I prefer homemade paneer but you can use the one bought from the market.
- Spice Powders: Common spices powders like coriander powder, chili powder ,turmeric and garam masalas are used
- Whole Spices: To add flavor to the curry you can use whole spices like clove, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- Oil/Ghee: You can use a combination of both ghee and oil. Even butter can be used.
- Tomatoes and Onions: Roughly chopped tomatoes and onions are used. No need to grind them to paste.
- Tomato Ketchup :This gives a sweetening flavor to the curry.
- Milk: Thick milk beaten in mixer grinder.
- Cashew nuts: Grinded along with milk which gives a thick consistency to the curry.
- Garlic: Chopped Smally.
- Kasuri methi: The main flavoring agent of this recipe which gives a restaurant style taste to the curry.
- Coriander Leaves: For garnishing.
How to make Easy Paneer Curry?
Easy Paneer Curry can be made by the following steps:
Step 1: Take a kadai and heat some oil/ghee. To It add the whole spices and chopped garlic.To it add chopped onions and saute till it becomes soft.
Step 2:Next add 2 tbsp coriander powder,2 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder and saute for 5 mins.
Step 3:Next add chopped tomatoes and tomato ketchup and sauté for 5 mins.
Step 4: Next add water and boil for 10 mins so that all the masalas blend properly.
Step 5: In a mixer grinder grind the cashew nuts .To it add thick milk and blend well. Next add this mixture to the gravy.
Step 6: Next add kasuri methi and 1 tbsp garam masala.
Step 7: Next add paneer cubes to the gravy .Boil for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
Step 8: Transfer the dish into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Your Easy Paneer Curry Recipe is ready. Serve hot with chapatis ,naan ,tandoori roti or jeera rice.
Easy Paneer Curry Recipe
- 100 gm Paneer(cut in small cubes)
- 2 no Tomatoes(Chopped Smally)
- 2 no Onion(Diced smally)
- 4 to 5 Garlic(Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 no cloves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp. Garam masala
- 4 to 5 no Cashew nuts(Crushed)
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup Thick Milk
- Coriander Leaves(For garnishing)
- Take a kadai and heat some oil/ghee. To It add the whole spices and chopped garlic.To it add chopped onions and saute till it becomes soft.
- Next add 2 tbsp coriander powder,2 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder and saute for 5 mins.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and tomato ketchup and sauté for 5 mins.
- Next add water and boil for 10 mins so that all the masalas blend properly.
- In a mixer grinder grind the cashew nuts .To it add thick milk and blend well. Next add this mixture to the gravy.
- Next add kasuri methi and 1 tbsp garam masala.
- Next add paneer cubes to the gravy .Boil for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the dish into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Your Easy Paneer Curry Recipe is ready. Serve hot with chapatis ,naan ,tandoori roti or jeera rice.
- If your vegan you can substitute paneer with tofu and milk with coconut milk.
- Thick milk can be substituted with heavy cream.
- While adding milk to the gravy make sure you keep on stirring it on low flame otherwise it might get burnt.