Here I offer you the crunchy Fish And Chips. My fish and chip recipe shows you how to make the ultimate crunchy chips, with crispy batter and flaky fish. The tartare sauce and the mushy peas both are great recipes as well. Please try this recipe, its full proof, and something I’ve perfected over. years of cooking.
Crunchy Fish and Chips
- 2 lbs cod or haddock
- 100 gm French Fries
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz beer
- Cook French fries according to package directions, we deep fry ours so you can either do it before or after frying your fish.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350.
- Cut your fish into fillets or if using frozen, defrost and pat dry, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cup flour, baking powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.In another bowl add your remaining flour.
- In yet another bowl whisk together your beer and eggs until combined.
- Slowly add your beer mixture into your dry ingredients and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Dip your fish into flour and coat on all sides then dip into batter, slowly lower into the oil making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Fry on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain, repeat with remaining fish.
- Serve with French fries, tartar sauce, and malt vinegar if desired.